- Home Inspections for Real Estate Transactions: 70% of homes sold in the US receive a home inspection. Purchasing a home is in many cases the largest investment someone makes in their lifetime. Not doing a home inspection could cost the new homeowners thousands of dollars in repairs that otherwise could have been avoided.
- Pre-Listing Inspections: An inspection of your existing home can help you sell it easier, faster, and more profitably by addressing any major issues on the front end, rather than in the negotiation process.
- Sewer/Septic Line Inspection*: Understanding the condition of the underground sewer/septic drain line and knowing the location of a problem will be a key part of your decision in purchasing a home.
- Radon Testing: Radon is a carcinogenic gas that is hazardous to inhale. Build-up of radon in homes is a health concern and many lung cancer cases are attributed to radon exposure each year. Each year, about 12% of lung cancer cases and more than 20,000 Americans die of radon-related lung causes. The Surgeon General of the United States has issued a Health Advisory warning Americans about the health risk from exposure to radon in indoor air. The Surgeon General urged Americans to test their homes to find out how much radon they might be breathing. He also stressed the need to remedy the problem as soon as possible.
- Energy Efficiency Survey: Understand the basic energy performance of the home you are buying. Included within the main home inspection report will be an Energy Survey section that will outline improvement recommendations to consider once you own the home.
- Water Quality Testing: If your home is on a private well a water quality test will help determine bacteria levels and mineral content. In many cases a whole house water filter system will remove those elements from the water.
Our Home Inspection evaluation includes:
- Building site, defensible space, grading and drainage, retaining walls, sidewalk, driveways, walls and patios.
- Structural components, foundation, floors, walls, columns, exterior walls, roof and ceiling, underfloor crawl spaces.
- Exterior wall cladding, flashing and trim, exterior doors, windows, garage doors, decks and balconies, porches and railings, eaves and vegetation.
- Roof coverings, drainage systems, flashing, evidence of leakage, roof top deck surfaces and parapet walls.
- Plumbing system, interior supply, fixtures, functional flow, supply leaks, cross connections, waste and vent system, drain leaks, functional drainage, water heater, safety controls, flues and combustion air vents and fuel distribution system.
- Electrical system, service conductor, service grounding, over current protection, branch circuits conductors, main and distribution panels, aluminum wiring, compatibility, lights, switches, receptacles and ground fault circuit interrupters.
- Heating equipment, controls, safety controls, flues and vents, solid fuel heating devices, distribution system, air filters and heat source.
- Central air conditioning equipment, controls, distribution, cooling source and return air location.
- Interior, walls, ceilings floors, stairs, balconies, counters and cabinetry, doors, fire separation wall and doors.
- Insulation, crawl space and roof ventilation, vapor retarders, kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room and dryer ventilation.
- HomeGauge Reports are delivered electronically anywhere in the world upon completion.
- Inspections include consultation at the conclusion of each inspection for review of our observations.
Our Energy Efficiency Survey includes:
- Insulation levels
- Air-Leakage concerns
- Window & Door performance
- Heating-Cooling system efficiency
- Water-Heating efficiency
- Infrared Thermal Imaging of the home for energy related deficiencies
- Up to 1000 square feet: Call for Quote
- 1001-1500 square feet: $280
- 1501-2000 square feet: $300
- 2001-2500 square feet: $330
- 2501-3000 square feet: $350
- 3001-3300 square feet: $370
- 3301-3600 square feet: $390
- 3601-3900 square feet: $420
- 3901-4200 square feet: $450
- 4201 and up Call for Quote
*Detached Apartment/Mother In-law Unit: $100 add-on fee
Sewer/Septic Line Inspection: $150**
Radon Gas Testing: $140
Energy Efficiency Survey: $125
Water Quality Testing: $25
**Sewer/Septic line inspection consist of one main house sewer line to city/street connection or septic tank. Additional fee may apply for multiple house lines, detached units such as mother-in-law units/apartments and septic drain fields (leach fields)
We accept cash, check, or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express) at the time of the inspection. If you can not attend the inspection, you will need to give us a credit card number over the phone or a Paypal invoice can be email after the inspection. 1.3% process fee applies.